Friday, November 16, 2012

Combating Burn Out TIP#1

Burn out is a serious problem in the field of social work and other helping professions. My definition of burn out is when you are tired/bored of your duties in your career, job,etc. You may love what you do but you could simply use a "break" or "change." In this profession it's easy to give and give and give until you have nothing left to give. Even when we have nothing left we continue to give and borrow from others to give. What do we borrow Huff? We borrow our time and energy from other areas in our life that need our attention such as; (family, friends, children, church, God,etc) It's vital to take time for yourself to build up and restore so that you can be a "light" or healer to society.

There are numerous ways to solve this problem. Tip #1 Take a vacation. Even if it's a mini-vacay. Get away! If you are not financially in the position to take a vacation you can be creative and change your atmosphere. Change your atmosphere? What are you saying Huff? I'm saying camp out in the living room with your favorite book, movies, music,etc. Sleep in the guest bedroom, visit a local hotel (in your budget). Set your cell on do not disturb. Tell family and friends your having some quiet time to recharge and replenish you. It's your call!

Currently, I am visiting New Orleans, LA for a business training/meeting. I know I am not the only person that works on a vacay lol. I wouldn't call it work because I love to learn and venture into new projects as well as shop, learn about history, sight-see and just get away from home. If you want to learn more about my new project visit my website..www.goldenchoices.organogold.com the second website is www.cupoffreedom.com

Thanks for stopping by and I will return with more tips to prevent burn out.

Make a Difference
RHuff

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. Randal Huff,
    This Jamel Batchelor Jr. again, I'm gonna follow your blog and read your post about Social Work. Its better to read and learn from a person who is in the field..

    ReplyDelete