I have decided to continue my post regarding burn out due to my personal experiences and communication with my colleagues in various disciplines of the health profession (child protection, health care, education, mental health,etc). My second burn out tip would be to exercise. Exercise is a great way to boost mood and restore energy. In the career of helping other it can be mentally and physically exhausting. There have been days that I have went home and literally did not want to talk to other people nor did I want to answer the phone because I had "poured" out so much into others. I've learned to listen to my body and recognize when I need to take a break.
Here are 5 simple exercises you can do in the office.
1. Stretch-stretching is a great way to loosen up muscles and decrease fatigue from sitting for long periods of time
2.Deep breathing- deep breathing assist with releasing toxins from the lungs as well as serve as a relaxation skill.
3.Walking-Take a walk to the water fountain, bathroom, car, around the office,etc
4.Take the steps-helps tighten the legs and lifts the buttocks
5.Push ups-push ups are a form of resistance training that helps strengthen posture
There are many other exercises you can do to relax your body and your mind but these are a few I do on a daily basis. Also, I feel it's important to have an exercise routine to stay healthy and assist with improving the health of others. Personally, I would recommend joining a gym. Well Huff, I don't have enough money to join a gym. Budget wisely. My gym fee is $19.99 a month. I attend the French Riviera. The reason I say join a gym is because it provides a supportive atmosphere and opportunity to network. I suggest that you shop around, find a gym that fits your budget/location,etc. If you care enough about your health you will use your money to benefit your health and future.
The Mayo Clinic discuss 7 benefits of exercise check the link below
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676
No comments:
Post a Comment